Re: How to detect a procedure

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: How to detect a procedure
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:00:31 -0500

On Sunday 28 April 2002 23:52, address@hidden wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Secondly, the answer to your query is, procedures are stored in the same
> namespace as ordinary variables; (procedure? mumble) returns #t if mumble
> names a prevoiusly defined procedure. There is no need to quote, e.g.
> 'mumble, or to use the Common LISP convention #'mumble.

    I don't think this captures the spirit of the original question.  If you do
this,
you rely on the evaluator checking for the existence of the binding - procedure?
gets the actual object (it never sees the name).  Or, if the name hasn't been
bound it will error out (if the lookup throws an exception, that might be used).

Lynn