Re: guile-gtk-1.2 working with guile-1.7.0

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: guile-gtk-1.2 working with guile-1.7.0
Date: 10 Nov 2002 23:18:44 +0100

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yes.  Could you make a new patch against guile-gtk-1.2 from Savannah
> > once it works for you?
>
> Well, yes, if you think that would be useful I can do that.

Since I can't really say what will be in that patch, I can't say
whether it will be useful... ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure we will get the thing working.

> Regarding the missing scm_t_key stuff: I hope you saw that I
> committed a few definitions to coop-pthreads.h which supplements the
> now deprecated C level API so that gtk-threads.c works with it?

Yes, I saw it, but too late.

> I guess what you are referring to is then something else than C level
> support for thread-specific data?  Or have you implemented
> thread-specific data without using the pthreads interface?

Yes, I did this.  I wanted to avoid 'poisening' the thread
implementations with deprecated stuff, but since your solution is _so_
much simple, I scrapped mine.

> That could be splightly more efficient, but the question is if it's
> really worth it...

I don't think so.  Simplicity rules in this case, IMO.

> > (btw, what about just using glib's thread plugin API?)
>
> That would certainly be a nice option.  However, that would rule out
> using cooperative thread libraries, like COOP or GNU Portable Threads.

Ok, I see.