Re: What is Guile?

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: What is Guile?
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Paul Jarc wrote:

> Also, while implementing new languages as Guile translators might be
> ok, I don't think it's a good idea to reimplement existing languages.

I would agree, unless you can claim that it's easier to write a
Perl to guile translator and embed guile in your application than
to just embed the Perl interpreter into your application.

I haven't seen much documentation suggesting why guile can
support other languages better. Has someone written such a
document? It would go a long way to getting the author of a new
language to implement his language's interpreter or compiler
ontop of guile.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F