scm_thread_create issues

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: scm_thread_create issues
Date: 28 Sep 2003 23:30:55 +0100

So, I'm trying to write a multithreaded server with Guile (where the
threads need to talk to C). Man, is it difficult.

I'm using devel (because I want real threads and the app will target
linux kernel 2.6 pthreads) and so I thought I'd just be able to use
the plugin interface.

In the documentation it says:

 int scm_thread_create ( scm_t_thread *t,
                         void (*proc)(void *),
                          void *data)

But when I try to use it I get a sym error. Do a grep-find on the
guile-devel source and I can only find 2 places it's mentioned in the
code; 1 is a comment about changing scm_spawn_thread to
scm_thread_create and the other is in the null-threads provider.

So, does scm_thread_create really not exist yet?

If not, can someone tell me about scm_spawn_thread? It's signature is:

  SCM_API SCM scm_spawn_thread (scm_t_catch_body body,
                                void *body_data,
                                scm_t_catch_handler handler,
                                void *handler_data);

Can anyone tell me what body, body_data, handler and handler_data are
supposed to _be_?

Nic Ferrier