Re: build error on my system (Mac OS 10.4.5)

From: Jay Cotton
Subject: Re: build error on my system (Mac OS 10.4.5)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:11:22 -0500

On Mar 29, 2006, at 4:28 PM, Kevin Ryde wrote:

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

The configure script tests for socklen_t in
the wrong way. It must do something like I posted some weeks ago.

Oops, that must have gone through to the keeper.
The configure change below might do the right thing.

<configure.in.socklen_t.diff>

Thanks for the help, everybody. I made the changes to configure.in suggested here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2006-02/msg00039.html

and re-ran autoconf. Seems to have worked, because I was able to continue to the next error. :-/

This time the problem seems to be with either GNU MP or libtool. I installed the latest versions of libtool and GNU MP, and ran make check on both of them, before I set out to build guile. (I'm not sure how to verify this, however, as a sanity check.)

Here's the error:

gcc -dynamiclib -o .libs/libguile.17.0.0.dylib [... i cut out the rest of this huge build line ... ] ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the - multi_module option /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a(mp_bpl.o) definition of common ___gmp_junk (size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libguile.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,