Re: [ntp:hackers/Guile devel] ntp-dev changes

From: Reg Clemens
Subject: Re: [ntp:hackers/Guile devel] ntp-dev changes
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:25:16 -0600

> Hi Harlan, Reg, NTP developers (via relay) & Guile developers:
>
> This is a problem.  I (almost) only ever use pre-built Guile
> packages and let others struggle with the porting issue.
> Occasionally, I do build it just to verify that current
> versions haven't wiggled too much for AutoGen to operate,
> but otherwise, no.
>
> So, Reg, can you please tell us all the platform and compiler
> you used that triggered the Guile build failure?

I tried building
    guile-1.6.7
from the gnu site.
Not knowing anything about the options available, I did a straight
    ./configure
    make
The configure runs with no errors, but the make terminates with

---

guile.c: In function 'main':
guile.c:91: error: array type has incomplete element type
guile.c:91: warning: unused variable 'lt_preloaded_symbols'
make[2]: *** [guile.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/home/reg/Source/System/Autogen/guile-1.6.7/libguile'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/home/reg/Source/System/Autogen/guile-1.6.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2

---

This is on Linux Fedora4, with gcc-4.0.2-8.fc4

am I missing something?
I looked arround, and didnt see a prebuilt package anywhere.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        address@hidden