Re: srfi-18 requirements

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: srfi-18 requirements
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:56:07 -0500

Hi Neil et al.,

>  > Cool -- I'll set up make-mutex for Scheme, and for C as described
>  > above.  Let me know if that's not okay.
>
>  All sounds perfect to me.

Find attached the latest revision of the core changes for SRFI-18
support.  Key changes between this revision and the last are:

* scm_to_timespec -> to_timespec
* "Timeout values" for timed joins
* The extension of make-mutex and addition of make_mutex_with_flags to
support additional configuration options that persist for the lifetime
of a mutex (unchecked unlocking and external unlocking)
* fat_mutex_unlock now takes a condition variable and a timeout to
support SRFI-18's condition-signal unlock semantics; mutex unlocking
and condition variable waiting are reimplemented in terms of
fat_mutex_unlock; unnecessary relocking / unlocking is no longer
performed
* The threads tests and scheduling documentation have been updated to
reflect the above.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,
Julian