Re: The Big Switch to Git

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: The Big Switch to Git
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:30:51 +0100

Hi,

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> I would be tempted to transfer the other modules; the plan you stated
> leaves some things in cvs and some not, and you want to disable writes
> to cvs after the cutover.  It would be cleaner to have all in git and
> cvs just a historical reference.

Just to clarify: there are 18 modules, most of which are interesting,
but also somewhat bitrotten.  Here's the list:

  guile-comp        guile-modules   guile-statprof  guile-www
  guile-core        guile-oops      guile-tcltk     qscheme
  guile-doc         guile-rgx-ctax  guile-template  workbook
  guile-gtkthreads  guile-scripts   guile-tk
  guile-lightning   guile-scsh      guile-vm

I did some work on Guile-VM (in another repository, but it could be
merged), so this one is slightly less outdated.  `guile-statprof' is now
known as `(statprof)' in Guile-Lib.  `guile-oops' has been part of Guile
for several years.  `workbook' contains valuable but somewhat outdated
(?) documentation.  And the others, well...

That's why the "lazy import" method I was suggesting seemed worthwhile
(and also much less resource-consuming ;-)).

That said, we could agree on a subset of these modules that we'd import
from the beginning and let a few others rest in peace?

Thanks,
Ludovic.