Re: Publishing the manual...

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Publishing the manual...
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:29:49 +0100

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Neal. This sounds neat. I was thinking that, by the time the manual
> hits the bookshelves, Geiser will probably have matured to the point of
> having documentation: if you and/or the editors think it'd be worth it,
> count on me to contribute (or help with) a short chapter on Geiser (i'll
> understand it if you think it's out of scope; after all, although
> Guile is its best supported Scheme, Geiser is not Guile-specific).

I think that would be fantastic!  (Also I see that you
already have a copyright assignment on file for Guile, so there is no
obstacle there.)

(And, just to be completely explicit, I don't perceive any conflict at
all with GDS; it's great to have multiple options available for Guile
in Emacs.)

> I'm not very familiar with Guile's documentation, or with its
> implementation. On top of that, English is not my mother tongue. Despite
> of that, if you think i can be of any help during the edition process,
> feel free to drop me a line--i think writing about Guile would be fun.

If you have high-level thoughts about the overall organisation, I'd be
happy to hear them.  (To get a feel for what it's like at the moment,
use `make dvi' and xdvi.)  I think that is the difficult part, and to
some extent English-independent.

Regards,
        Neil