Re: new dependency?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: new dependency?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:03:40 -0400

<address@hidden> writes:

> ---- Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > my autobuild choked with:
>> >
>> >   configure: error: GNU libunistring is required, please install it.
>> >
>> > and I don't recall seeing any discussion about this.
>>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> It was mentioned here:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/8538.
>>
>> Even Debian (stable) doesn't have a package for this yet,
>
> You probably meant Debian Unstable?  Because it's not there yet either!

I see - I didn't notice that because the subject line didn't say "new
dependency".  I don't think it's in pkgsrc either.  I see only 0.9 on
the libunistring home page, 27 May 2009, with no previous ones.  So my
immediate reaction is that this is nowhere near mature enough to depend
on, but a) I don't know if that's fair and b) importing it does seem
worse.