Re: NEWS entries -- user-visible?

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: NEWS entries -- user-visible?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:43:24 -0400

Hi Andy,

As mentioned on IRC, I bet there are ways to pitch these changes to
make them comprehensible to users.  I think you're right to ditch the
second one, but for the first and third:

>    ** Guile now uses Gnulib as a portability aid

** Guile now uses components from Gnulib for portability to a wider
variety of POSIX and non-POSIX systems.

>    ** Primitive procedures with more than 3 arguments (aka. "gsubrs") are
>    no longer implemented using the "compiled closure" mechanism.  This
>    simplifies code and reduces both the storage and run-time overhead.

** Primitive procedures accepting more than 3 arguments now execute
faster and consume less memory.

Regards,
Julian