Re: User perception on backward compatibility

From: Peter Brett
Subject: Re: User perception on backward compatibility
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:26:07 +0000

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> A lot of projects have their own Guile compatibility layers to map
> current practice to a consistent API: AutoGen, Geda, even Gucu.

gEDA 1.6.x doesn't have a compatibility layer -- we only support Guile
1.8.x at the moment.  However, we're still using a bunch of API that's
deprecated in 1.8.x.

OTOH if there are major changes in the C API in 2.x (particularly the
mechanisms for converting strings and numbers to/from SCM
representation) I will likely go postal.

                                     Peter

--
Peter Brett <address@hidden>
Remote Sensing Research Group