Re: Guile: What's wrong with this?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Guile: What's wrong with this?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:30:35 -0800

On 01/04/12 08:47, Andy Wingo wrote:
I was going to propose a workaround with an option to change
vm-i-loader.c:43 and vm-i-loader.c:115 to use a
scm_i_mutable_string_literals_p instead of 1, but that really seems like
the path to perdition: previously compiled modules would start creating
mutable strings where they really shouldn't.

Instead, long-standing, previously written code was invalidated with 1.9,
even if we were not smacked down until 2.0.1.

Just because an obscure-to-those-not-living-and-breathing-Scheme-daily
document said it was okay doesn't make it okay to those whacked by it.
I would think recompiling should not be a great burden, *ESPECIALLY*
given that it is a recent invention and therefore likely to have some
initial issues that need dealing with.  Like this, for example.