Re: bytevector -- was: Guile: What's wrong with this?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: bytevector -- was: Guile: What's wrong with this?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:37:05 -0800

Hi,

On 01/03/12 19:12, Noah Lavine wrote:
Then it turned out that the string functions would now clear the
high order bit on strings, so they are no longer byte arrays and
there is no replacement but to roll my own.  I stopped supporting
byte arrays.  A noticable nuisance.

This is just a side note to the main discussion, but there is now a
'bytevector' datatype you can use. Does that work for you? If not,
what functionality is missing?

Thanks,

Oh, no, thank _you_!  That is likely what I need.  I don't track
Guile development closely.  I have GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED set to
"detailed" and expect that to warn me when issues are coming up.
It has actually yet to do so, however.  Imagine my surprise.

Cheers - Bruce