Do we have a guile-1.8 branch?

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Do we have a guile-1.8 branch?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:15:28 -0400

Hello,

I was just trying to build guile 1.8 (as part of a project to track
down missing documentation, which I will email about), and I found a
bug. As it happens, Andy Wingo fixed that bug in this email from 2010:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2010-03/msg00082.html

However, I still saw it. The possibilities I see are that either the
change wasn't pushed, or it was pushed but it didn't make it to the
branch_release_1_8 git branch, which is what I built. I built that
because it seemed like the only branch associated with 1.8. But do we
actually have a branch for fixes to guile 1.8? If so, what is it?

And if not, would we like one?

Thanks,
Noah