Re: Build failures - compiling TeXmacs under guile 2.0.5

From: Jan Synacek
Subject: Re: Build failures - compiling TeXmacs under guile 2.0.5
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:18:53 +0200

On 05/29/12 at 10:50am, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Jan Synacek <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't run well. Its window is blank after start. I
> > captured
> > a log [1]. Can you please take a look at it?  What does "ERROR: no such
> > language
> > objcode" mean? The scheme files are there.
> >
> > [1] http://www.fpaste.org/okRT/
>
> It reads this:
>
>   1. TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
>   2. ;;; note: source file /usr/share/TeXmacs/progs/ice-9/eval.scm
>   3. ;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/2.0/ccache/ice-9/eval.go
>   4. ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
>   5. ;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
>   6. ;;; compiling /usr/share/guile/2.0/system/base/compile.scm
>   7. ;;; it seems /usr/share/guile/2.0/system/base/compile.scm
>   8. ;;; is part of the compiler; skipping auto-compilation
>
> This means that it’s trying to auto-compile Guile’s compiler and core
> modules, which indicates that it didn’t find up-to-date .go files.
>
> However, normally, /usr/share/guile/2.0 should have both .scm and .go
> files, with the latter having an mtime greater than that of the former.
>
> Can you check whether something went wrong with your installation of
> Guile?

Hm, this is weird. So TeXmacs seems to bundle the same eval.scm as guile has
(among others)? I tried to copy all the .go files from installation to
/usr/share/guile/2.0 and remove those in /usr/lib64/guile/2.0/ccache, but that
seems to have done nothing.

I will probably have to try rebuilding guile and building TeXmacs against it.
I will let you know if that changes anything.

Thanks,
--
Jan Synacek
Software Engineer, BaseOS team Brno, Red Hat