Guile and Swig

From: Dmitry Bogatov
Subject: Guile and Swig
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:28:39 +0400

Hello, list!

Is using SWIG[1] is endorsed for writing Guile wrappers to C library? I
make such bindings for libircclient[2] for my project, but it would be
nice, if it would find way to official Guile tree.  Are here some
guidelines about it?

Also, question of style of Lisp code. It seems, that most common style
is `(action object arg1 ...)` and I find making object callable is more
elegant: `(object #:action arg1 ...)`. Is it discouraged?

  1. http://www.swig.org/
  2. http://www.ulduzsoft.com/linux/libircclient/

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden>,
Free Software supporter and netiquette guardian.