Re: Guile 2.2 on MSYS2 + MinGW

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Guile 2.2 on MSYS2 + MinGW
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 18:00:13 +0200

> From: Matthew Keeter <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:18:36 -0500
>
> Yup, I’m building 2.2.3.  I see mktime.c in guile-2.2.3/lib, but do not see
> mktime.o when I objdump libgnu.a, indicating that it’s not being built.
>
> In config.log, I see a few lines that could be relevant:
>
> configure:34662: checking for working mktime
> gl_cv_func_working_mktime=yes
> GNULIB_MKTIME=‘1'
> REPLACE_MKTIME=‘0'
> gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_mktime_FALSE='#'
> gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_mktime_TRUE=‘'
>
> (full config.log is here:
> https://gist.github.com/mkeeter/81c273069a2804ad8d53e72533f6f8da)
>
> Does this offer any insight?  I’m confused by the conflicting GNULIB_MKTIME vs
> gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_mktime_TRUE, but am not adept at parsing automake outputs…

Then this sounds like a bug in Gnulib: it determines that your
platform doesn't need mktime, but it "forgets" that timegm, which your
platform does need, depends on mktime.

So I suggest to report this to the Gnulib mailing list, and I hope
they will propose a solution.  Meanwhile, you can continue the build
by copy/pasting the source of mktime.c into some Gnulib source that is
being compiled (e.g. timegm.c, which needs it in the first place), and
re-running "make".