Re: GError implementation status

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: GError implementation status
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:58:27 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> A bit of an old email, but worth a reply nonetheless:
>
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
>
>> I've actually managed to implement GError as exception! However, this
>> required some extensions/changes in g-wrap. I've not yet done real
>> testing, but I thought I'll post my code for review. Attached is a
>> patch against guile-gobject (as in CVS) and against g-wrap 1.3.4.
>
> This work looks quite nice! Feel free to commit to CVS whenever you
> get the g-wrap support in. Speaking of which, what's the status
> there? Rob was back for a moment, but has he set up g-wrap CVS yet?
> He really should just add you on to the project as an adminstrator,
> if he doesn't have any objections to the way you're going.

I'm actually working on it right now.  The main issue was whether to
use svn or cvs -- I (and I think others) want to use subversion, but
g-wrap is already listed on savannah, and savannah doesn't have
subversion support.  Debian offers subversion support via
alioth.debian.org and svn.debian.org, but using it would require
creating a g-wrap project on alioth.  So we'd need to either move
g-wrap to alioth wholesale or have two g-wrap sites.

I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to just not worry about
it and go with CVS on g-wrap, or pick one of the above options so we
can have a subversion repository.  If I haven't had any insights in
the next two days, I'll flip a coin.

I thought I was going to do it last weekend, but I got tied up
tracking down a nasty guile 1.6 bug involving the
psyntax.ss->psyntax.pp syntax-case preprocessing.  Wasn't a waste
though -- surprisingly, looks like I was actually able to track it
down.

Presuming Marius and/or Mikael has time to verify that what I did
looks ok (or even if they don't have time, if a bit more time passes
and all the tests are passing), then I'm planning a 1.6.5 release
soon.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu