Re: New g-wrap supported in guile-gtk--rotty-0.1!

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: New g-wrap supported in guile-gtk--rotty-0.1!
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:25:29 +1000

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> I now get ~3.6 seconds of loading time for (gnome gtk) with the above
> referenced code, gcc 3.3.2 -O2 and Guile 1.7 on my Athlon 900. The

I wonder if some lazy initializing would be possible, like catch a
failed method dispatch and add only at that time.  (But my ignorance
of goops is pretty profound, so maybe it's not feasible.)

gtk+gnome is pretty big, there might be a good chance an application
would use only a modest number of widgets and functions.  Those needed
to get the first window up could be even fewer.  (Always good to get
the first window up quickly, since the user is waiting, waiting ...)