Migrate your PowerBuilder or Centura applications to Java or .Net

From: SandraC
Subject: Migrate your PowerBuilder or Centura applications to Java or .Net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:45:59 -0500

DECEMBER IS A HOLIDAY MONTH AND TIME TO COMPLETE YOUR 2004 BUDGET

December is the time for holidays and the preparation of next year's financial budget. As you are preparing your 2004 budget, it is essential that you do not forget to include an amount for code migration. If you have legacy applications that were developed in PowerBuilder or Centura, the following instructions will provide valuable assistance in the preparation of next years budget.
Budget Adjustment Instructions
1. Open spreadsheet and go to a row in the middle of the sheet.
2. Go to Insert, click Row
3. Type "Code Migration"
4. Contact Metex for the amount and then type in the figure

A COMPLETE TURNKEY MIGRATION SOLUTION

Metex takes your PowerBuilder or Centura code and accurately migrates the architecture, functionality and business logic into Java or .NET. You get a fully migrated application ready for user acceptance testing and can be confident that the investment you've made in the original application is migrated accurately into the new language.

At the heart of this process is the Metex Migrator, the world's leading migration technology. The Metex Migrator converts most of your code from Centura to Java or .NET automatically. Then, our professional services team completes the application and returns it to you ready for user acceptance testing. The combination of our automated tool and professional services make up the Metex Migrator Solution.We are experts in the complete migration process and handle all the steps including:

1) Up-front application analysis

2) Running your code through our intelligent automated migration tool

3) Completing any remaining code via our professional services

4) Training your developers on the new code elements

5) Ongoing support and application enhancement are optionally available.

Register for a Free Web Seminar

Get a Migration White Paper?

WHY DO WE SAY NO MIGRATION RISK?

Because the Metex Migrator Solution uses an advanced automated tool we can migrate the business logic of your original application intact. All the investment of time and effort you've put into your original application will be accurately migrated into Java or NET. This means the risk of losing some functionality or creating new bugs in the new application (which always happens with a manual migration) is almost eliminated. Therefore, there is virtually no risk in migrating your application using the Metex Migrator Solution. Metex is responsible for providing the customer with 100% high quality migrated code ready for UAT.

THE HIGHEST QUALITY MIGRATED CODE

At Metex we believe that the most important thing in the long term is to give you code that's easy to work with. To accomplish this, we have developed the most advanced code engine technology in the world today - the Metex Migrator. This leading technology is based on advanced artificial intelligence research. Using the Metex Migrator we duplicate the object architecture of your original application in the new language and that makes it immediately recognizable to your team. The advanced code engine creates clear, understandable well-documented code. The code we generate uses natural language functions and datatypes , which means that there's a very limited need for any proprietary libraries. Same architecture, natural functions and datatypes, minimal proprietary libraries - your new application will be easy to maintain, support and upgrade.

"The real benefit of our process is that the customer can be confident that they are getting quality code and are not getting hooked into something that they can't work with in the future." noted Bruce Crawley, Senior VP Sales and Marketing. "We can virtually eliminate the risk of migrating from Centura to Java or .NET with our world-leading technology. Any company considering migrating must give the Metex Migrator serious consideration."

We hope you found this interesting, but if you’d prefer not to receive messages from us, please click here.

Metex Migrator and this document are the property of Metex Inc. NET TM is the property of Microsoft Inc. JavaTM is the property of Sun Microsystems. CenturaTM is the property of Gupta. PowerBuilder TM is the property of Sybase.
WWW.METEX.COM