Re: Death of -glib, Life of -platform

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Death of -glib, Life of -platform
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:59:37 +0200

Hey Jan,

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 03:23 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Found the problem wrt canvas.scm; a Makefile.am buglet.

Whoops, fixed.

> I do not see how I can get the affine wrappers back in, they seem to be
> ignored.

Not acceptable!

I got your tree and manually merged your overrides with rotty's version
in libgnomecanvas/gnome/overrides/. While doing that, recalled the
nastiness of gdk-event.c. Those structs are CRAP! What kind of crack
rock was I smoking? Anyway, I changed the function to gdk-event->vector.
Much simpler. I threw in a MOTION_NOTIFY wrapper so that we don't get
those irritating "unknown event of type 3" messages.

While doing that, I found that the rewritten .defs parser didn't ignore
varargs functions. That's fixed. I set gnome-canvas-item-new to be
ignored, along with all of the get-type functions. You can use gtype-
class->type to get at the types if you need to, but you shouldn't need
to. You can just (make <gnome-canvas-item-text> #:parent foo) instead of
(gnome-canvas-item-new foo (gtype-class->type <gnome-canvas-item-
text>)).

End result, examples/canvas.scm works, affines and all. Thanks for
wrapping it in the first place :-)

Give this tarball a whirl:

http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/tmp/guile-gnome-platform-2.5.991.tar.gz

Regards,