Re: gdk-window-set-icon null-ok

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: gdk-window-set-icon null-ok
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:38:30 +0100

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> (<unknown>:15038): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_set_icon: assertion
>> `GDK_WINDOW_TYPE (window) != GDK_WINDOW_CHILD' failed
>
> That's ok, it was only the icon args I was looking at.
>
> Maybe that should be a scheme error though, if there's a way for the
> defs to impose and extra condition on the argument object.  (Not
> window type 'child in this case I guess.)

Hmm, this would be possible, I think, but would require either a
custom wrapper or some black G-Wrap magic - I don't think it's worth
it.

>> AFAICS, there is currently now way to specify that the window created
>> should be of type toplevel, since GdkWindowAttr is not wrapped and
>> thus there is now meaningful way of calling gdk-window-new.
>
> That will be wanted eventually I guess.  guile-gtk has keyword args
> for the GdkWindowAttr bits.

Yes, GDK is very much unfinished; note this from the GTK module TODO:

,----
| * Add a toplevel GDK module
|
| GDK isn't finished, of course, and it won't be until someone writes an
| app that uses it.
`----

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

The best way to accelerate a Windows machine is at 9.81 m/s^2