Re: dynamically changing the label-text of a menuitem

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: dynamically changing the label-text of a menuitem
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:17:21 +1100

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> in order to change the label text of a menu item, FAQ and C code I
> could find on the net propose to do it through the label child of
> the superclass gtkbin of the menu item :-)

The last one I did I think I kept the label widget from when building
the menu, and just kept using it.  (It was a label displaying a title,
not a button.)

> but I couldn't access the gtkbin, what is the accessor for it?

gtk-container-children, as for any subclass of GtkContainer.  Gtk 2
also has gtk-bin-get-child, I define that for myself in 1.2 with the
following (not bothering with any type checking),

        (define-public (gtk-bin-get-child bin)
          (first (gtk-container-children bin)))