Re: Two guile-gnome questions ...

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Two guile-gnome questions ...
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:57:20 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:34 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> ... which are only loosely connected ...

:)

> 1. Would it be possible to get guile-gnome or g-wrap to generate a
>    summary of the Scheme API that it is providing; something like:
>
> (make <gtk-label> [#:label <string>] ...)
> (gtk-label-new <string>)

The -new functions are almost all equivalent to the C functions. I don't
recall any overrides there, although there might be a few.

The (make <....>) idiom is more like g_object_new, so the arguments you
can pass in are the object properties. There are functions in (gnome
gobject) to list the properties, in addition to them being available
through e.g. devhelp on the C api reference.

> 2. Is there a note or explanation somewhere about all the Gtk+ widgets
>    which are apparently not implemented, and why that is?

Nope.

Yes, many things are missing :-/

Regards,
--