Re: guile-gtk 1.2 threads protection

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: guile-gtk 1.2 threads protection
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:04:55 +1000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> in other
> programs I work with with threads + gtk, I always marshal gtk calls to
> the main thread via g_idle_add() -- the issues are too tricky for me
> otherwise.

I haven't even gone that far :), I've been using continuations as
coroutines to avoid any threading, I didn't trust my code (and didn't
want to take the effort to make it safe).

> Here's what python does, which is probably what I would do:
> http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq20.006.htp

Hmm.  Yep.  I think I'll leave it all basically as is for now, and
just have an 0.50 release soon with the new guile 1.8 bits.

> ps. You have admin on this list, no?

Do I?  I think I got admin so I could upload.

> Could you set this list to subscribers-only? It's my biggest spam
> source right now...

Maybe, I suppose.  It's sort of a bug report address too, so as long
as non-subscribers don't go to the bit bucket ...