Re: scheme closures: crash during garbage collection

From: gregory benison
Subject: Re: scheme closures: crash during garbage collection
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:48:42 -0700

guile-gnome (up to v. 2.7.98, most recent as of this writing) can
call scm_gc_unprotect_object() during a scheme garbage collector
sweep, which is a fatal error in guile-1.8.  In earlier versions
of guile, it is not a fatal error (but still, I think you're not
supposed to do it.)

I have a working implementation of this strategy which I will make available
(following discussion).

I have put up an archive:

http://oregonstate.edu/~benisong/archives/2006

The following patch removes the calls to scm_gc_unprotect_object, which are causing crashes in
guile-1.8:

address@hidden/guile-gnome-glib--benison--0--patch-1
<gbenison at gmail dot com>

Gregory Benison