Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:43:04 +0200

Hey Greg,

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 08:46 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> it
> becomes very awkward as soon as the answer is "you should run
> arch/SVN/CVS instead of the latest release".

It's a very stupid software development policy to require cvs, much less
some random arch branch. Very much in agreement with you.

> So I'd suggest that there be a release if the current development
> version is such that the advice "run that instead" could reasonably be
> given and more than 3 months have passed, or once a year regardless.

Sure. I think the biggest problem that we have is our use of arch; it's
terribly confusing, and everyone else has moved on to something else.
I'd like to move to something else. Let me start a new thread for
that...

> A related issue is the web presence; the project looks dead (as
> opposed to fairly stable with some progress, which is what it really
> seems like from the list).

Ack.

> Is this the real homepage?
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/

Is there another one out there somewhere? (The answer is yes, that's the
home page.)

> If so, it would be good to announce the new release there.

Sure.

Regards,

Andy.
--