Pango and guile-gtk

From: Paul Emsley
Subject: Pango and guile-gtk
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:00:29 +0100

Hi All,

In the version of gtk2 I have on one of my machines:

$ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
2.6.7
$ pkg-config --modversion pango
1.8.1

This pango seems not to declare 'PANGO_PIXELS_CEIL' or
`PANGO_PIXELS_FLOOR'  and thus gives me a link error when I try to link
my app.

I think guile-gtk should tell me at configure time that there are
problems.  How do we address this? Do you want to specify a minimum
version of gtk2 (and/or pango)?  Test for PANGO_PIXELS_CEIL in
configure?  Add a work-around in the source code?

I'd be happy to help out, if I can.

Paul.