Updates; web archives interface; commit mails

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Updates; web archives interface; commit mails
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 18:10:21 +0200

Hi all,

I recently finished a project and so have some time to devote to
guile-gnome. I'd like to work towards a 2.16.0 release within a month or
so. I still have all the back mails on the list, so I think I'll hit any
issues that still need to be dealt with.

I've registered the project's arch branches on launchpad.net, a
mirroring service. This site allows us to have a web interface for the
archives. Check it out, it looks cool:

  http://code.launchpad.net/guile-gnome/

It's a good summary of what is available, and how fresh it is. You can
register your bzr branches there as well. This is just a mirror; the
official info that is on www.gnu.org is still correct.

If you click on an individual branch, you can then click on "Subscribe"
on the left hand side, and you'll receive commit mails. Finally!
Unfortunately it seems that you have to do this for every branch, but at
least it's only two clicks per branch. You can also browse the code,
including browsing changes. Pretty slick.

I'd like to remind folks also that if you get guile-gnome from bzr, you
will need g-wrap from bzr also; check http://code.launchpad.net/g-wrap/
for more info. 1.9.8 will be out soon, so this is just temporary.

Happy hacking,

Andy.
--
http://wingolog.org/