Re: guile-gtk internals doc

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gtk internals doc
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:40:13 +0200

On Mon 17 Sep 2007 03:15, Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> I had a nose around the way the gobject reference counting gets done and
> found it a little tricky to understand.  So having nutted it out, or I
> think I nutted it out, I wrote a few words for the manual.  I think
> refcount vs marking came up on this list a while ago (ages ago), maybe
> concerning guile-gnome instead of guile-gtk.  But in any case the idea
> of these words is to be a medium-technical overview.

Hey Kevin,

Your description is interesting, and covers some aspects in which in
Guile-Gnome there would be reference leaks (notably, with attached
signal handlers). However regarding the other internal documentation,
perhaps you would be interested in the somewhat dry reference material
on Guile-Gnome that I put up here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/docs/gobject/html/

There is more here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/docs/

Among other effects, I am hoping that with more documentation on
guile-gnome that you will one day give it a try (again).

Peace,

Andy.
--
http://wingolog.org/