Re: [ANN] Stable Guile-Gnome-Platform 2.16.1 released

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [ANN] Stable Guile-Gnome-Platform 2.16.1 released
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:56:14 -0500

  Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:49:46 +0200

  After seven years of development by a varied and motley crew, we are
  pleased and relieved to finally announce the first^Wsecond API- and
  ABI-stable release of guile-gnome-platform, version 2.16.0^W2.16.1.

I know it's been a long time, but I'm updating pkgsrc to this version
From 2.15.X I am not sure I needed to, but I updated to the latest
guile-lib (0.1.6) from 0.1.4.  I then got some lossage which looked like
I needed new g-wrap, so I updated that to 1.9.11 from 1.9.9, but the
README says I only need 1.9.1.  Now I'm having trouble with g-wrap/ffi
stuff that's probably packaging issues, but I wanted to send a plea to
check/update the prereqs documentation if it is indeed off while I
continue with this.  My experience has been that guile-gnome always
needs the latest g-wrap :-)