Re: GtkBuilder

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GtkBuilder
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:06:22 +0100

On Tue 09 Feb 2010 16:54, address@hidden writes:

> Does guile-gtk or guile-gnome have bindings for GtkBuilder?

No, unfortunately. (Read: not yet, but no one has worked on it yet)

> If not, anybody know how to get at GtkBuilder from guile?

There are generally three ways forward:

(1) We can support multiple versions of GTK+, and conditionally wrap the
appropriate API

(2) We can update our required GTK+ version to something with
gtk-builder, and always wrap the appropriate API

(3) We can move towards introspection-based wrapping, as in Zeeshan's
http://gitorious.org/guile-gir

I think (3) is the right answer; but the precise form of the solution is
still unclear.

Sorry for the ambiguity,

Andy
--