Re: Still more problems on the way

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Still more problems on the way
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:11:23 +0100

Hi!

On Mon 12 Dec 2011 15:41, Detlev Zundel <address@hidden> writes:

> so having a fresh copy of g-wrap available, I see that I need to build
> guile-cairo to get any further.  Happily this worked without a glitch
> for a fresh git checkout using the calling convention for autogen.sh
> discovered only recently.

Cool :)

> So it's up to the (newly updated) 'master' branch from git-gnome again.
> configure tells me that there is something to be compiled:
>
>   configure: Some packages will not be built.
>
>   These wrappers will be built:
>     atk cairo gconf glib gtk pango
>
>   These wrappers failed their prerequisites and will NOT be built:
>     corba gnome-vfs libglade libgnome libgnomecanvas libgnomeui
>
>   Check the README files in the above subdirectories for more information
>   on the prerequisites of a package.

FWIW, the ones for which you don't have the prerequisites are deprecated
upstream.  GConf is also deprecated upstream.  So it's no huge loss, I
guess?

>   address@hidden ~][0]$ guile-gnome-2
>   GNU Guile 2.0.3.62-4eb28
>   Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
>   Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
>   This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>   under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.
>
>   Enter `,help' for help.
>   scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (oop goops) (gnome gtk))
>   ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
>   ;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
>   ;;; compiling /usr/local/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gtk.scm
>   ;;; compiling /usr/local/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gdk.scm
>   ;;; compiling /usr/local/share/guile/site/g-wrap/gw/standard.scm
>   ;;; WARNING: compilation of
> /usr/local/share/guile/site/g-wrap/gw/standard.scm failed:
>   ;;; ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file:
> "/usr/local/lib/g-wrap/modules/libgw-guile-standard", message: "file not
> found"

These errors are important.  In this case, do you have a
/usr/local/lib/g-wrap/modules/libgw-guile-standard.la ?

If you do, you probably have an .so as well, but something is wrong with
it.  Is /usr/local/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf ?

Guile's error messages here are terrible, due to a libtool bug.  But on
GNU libc systems, you can run the whole thing like:

  LD_DEBUG=symbols guile-gnome-2

That will give you a lot of spew, but eventually it will give you the
precise reason that the dlopen failed.  See LD_DEBUG=help for more info.

Another thing to try is ./dev-environ guile from the builddir.

Getting closer, eh? :-)

Regards,

Andy
--