guile-sources

Useful Sites # 67 about Spain, Economic Research, World Radio and Freewa

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 67 about Spain, Economic Research, World Radio and Freeware
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:54:47 -0400 (EDT)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 67 Volume 3
Number 19
September 10, 2003
Issue 67
VOLUME 3 Number 19

 IN THIS ISSUE
OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- SPAIN
QUALITY ECONOMIC RESEARCH
RADIO-LOCATOR
THE 46 BEST-EVER FREEWARE UTILITIES

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. In this issue I review a site about Spain,
the world's tenth-largest economy, and a country with lots of opportunities for
trade. I also found a site that's a gateway to the kind of economic and social
research that will boost your company's bottom line. Want to hear what callers
are saying on Italian talk radio? I found a site that will help you connect to
radio stations worldwide through your computer. Lastly, I've got a site that
gives you the inside scoop on the best free software on the Web.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- SPAIN
http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/hispanic/spain/spain.html

Although Spain is little more than twice the size of Oregon, it's a country
worth looking into if you're interested in trade -- it's one of the five
largest economies in the European Union, and has the tenth largest economy in
the world. As a member of the EU, Spain's trade barriers are minimal, and its
population enjoys a world-class standard of living, with money to spend on
consumer and capital goods.
If that sounds attractive to you, go to the Library of Congress Spain Portal
<http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/hispanic/spain/spain.html> (
http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/hispanic/spain/spain.html ) to find out
more. This is a gateway site, with links to information-rich Web sites about
all aspects of Spanish life. There are sites about business, trade, the
economy, culture, education, government, politics, law, travel, and much more.
In the Business section, there are company directories, trade databases,
articles about doing business in Spain, business news, a glossary of Spanish
business terms, statistics, and stock research, among other items.
There are many more links to Spain at the FITA site. Go to
<http://fita.org/webindex/index.html>, click on Regional Resources and
Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column, then scroll down to Europe and
click on Spain in the drop-down box. Or simply type "Spain" in the search box
at <http://www.fita.org>.

QUALITY ECONOMIC RESEARCH
http://gsociology.icaap.org/

There are fancy Web sites out there with a lot of bells and whistles, but
sometimes the plain jane sites have more to offer. Take socialchange
<http://gsociology.icaap.org/> ( http://gsociology.icaap.org ). This site is
basically just a set of links to sociological data on the Web, but the links
are all high quality sites that have reliable information. You'll find links to
world demographic studies, population statistics, country profiles, historical
analyses, economic theory, organizations, and much more. Don't be put off by
its academic tone -- if you check out the links, you'll find this site has a
lot to offer the practical businessperson.

THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS DIRECTORY
500,000 companies in 33 countries
http://www.europages.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152696>
EUROPAGES <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152696> is a business
directory listing 500,000 companies selected for their import-export dynamism
in all business sectors in over 35 European countries. EUROPAGES is an ideal
tool for finding new clients, suppliers and partners: it is a popular reference
guide with European purchasing directors. Europages.com
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152696>, your connection to the
business world !
One single ad in EUROPAGES generates an average of 102 business contacts in one
year. People like Peter from Denmark say, "EUROPAGES is our best investment for
export." Click here <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152697> to
learn about how your company can be featured in EUROPAGES.

RADIO-LOCATOR
http://www.radio-locator.com

If you haven't listened to the radio on your computer yet, you don't know what
you're missing. There's a world of information, talk, and music available, and
it's just a mouse click away. If you have speakers and a reasonably fast
connection, you can listen to talk radio from the UK, oldies from Australia,
business news from Japan, alternative music from Poland -- and that's just for
starters. To find what's available, go to Radio-Locator
<http://www.radio-locator.com> ( http://www.radio-locator.com ), a site that
has a database of over 10,000 radio station Web sites, with 2500 of those
offering daily audio streams over the Internet. You'll need a program to play
the streaming audio, but most radio station sites have links to places where
you can download these programs.

THE 46 BEST-EVER FREEWARE UTILITIES
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_free_utilities.htm

I just bought a new notebook computer, loaded with the standard package of
software. There are lots more programs I want to have on my computer, but I
don't want to spend hundreds of dollars buying them. That's why I'm glad I
found The 46 Best-Ever Freeware Utilities
<http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_free_utilities.htm> (
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_free_utilities.htm ). This site has
reviews of 46 great "freeware" programs, with links to sites where you can
download the software. There are freeware alternatives to most commercial
software programs which are every bit as good, and sometimes better, than the
well-known brands. You can download and use these programs for free, although
most have extra features that are available in paid versions. Take a look --
you'll find a freeware program for almost every need.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152694>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152694>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152695>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz152680>

TELL A FRIEND -- http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=9719

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240