merging generic methods from different modules

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: merging generic methods from different modules
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:12:31 +0100

If two different modules have generic methods with the same name,
the method from the module imported lastly will override the other
completely.

What I think would be desirable is to automatically have the generic
methods be merged in these cases.  How to accomplish this eludes
me though.  I figure there is no way to do this with the current
module-system and goops implementation, right?  How does the future
look for something like this?  Will the new module system allow
something like this to be implemented?

  Lars J