Re: Problem with MPB installation (perhaps GUILE problem?)

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Problem with MPB installation (perhaps GUILE problem?)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:46:44 +0100

> From: Maria Chiara Ubaldi <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:30:37 -0800
>
> I have a big big problem and I must find how to solve it, otherwise
> my boss will not be very kind to me;-((
>
> I've installed a lot of packages (BLAS-3.0, LAPACK-3.0, FFTW-2.1.3,
> GUILE-1.4, LIBCTL-1.4) needed by the program MPB (calculation of
> photonic bandgap structures) created by Massachusset Institute of
> Technology.Everything O.K.
> I compiled the final program and everything seemed O.K. Then running
> it the big surprise:
>
> ERROR In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR File not found
>
> I found on the web it could be a problem in GUILE libraries.
> May you suggest me a way to overcome this trouble?

The error message you reproduced above should contain a filename.
Could you check if there is any filename printed?

The reason for the error message is that some program (e.g. either
Guile or one of the add-on packages) tries to load a dynamic library
and cannot find it.  If you find out which library cannot be found
(you may want to use strace to find out), you have to make sure that
the library is either installed in some standard directory (/usr/lib,
/usr/local/lib) or that the directory it is installed in is in your
LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

HTH,
  'martin