Re: tagged string builder

From: Eric Moore
Subject: Re: tagged string builder
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:51:39 -0500

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Gribble <address@hidden> writes:

Bill> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:28:37AM +0200, Martin Grabmueller
Bill> wrote:
>> Just for those who are interested in generating HTML with Guile:
>> Some time ago, I wrote a little skript for generating my personal
>> pages, which is small, simple to use and closer to writing HTML
>> (for example, you can use Emacs' html-mode without great problems.

Bill> Another data point: gnucash uses Guile to generate HTML for
Bill> financial reports.  We needed to have stylesheets/templates but
Bill> the browser in gnucash only supports HTML 3.2, so I put together
Bill> a system that generates the HTML at runtime from a structured
Bill> set of records of various types (<html-table>, <html-text>,
Bill> etc), with inherited style information.

And, as another datapoint, there's LAML the Lisp Abstracted Markup
Language.  It actually works by parsing the html4 sgml definition and
generating the appropriate tags, and has a convenience layer.  It's
written and scheme, and I have a working guile port...

http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/laml/

  -Eric