Re: autoconf and Guile

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: autoconf and Guile
Date: 02 Apr 2001 08:40:29 +0100

    Evan> My problem is that I'm an autoconf lightweight, and my
    Evan> pretty little head is spinning with all the options
    Evan> possible. So I guess my question is: does anyone have
    Evan> examples of using autoconf to install Guile modules that I
    Evan> could crib off of?

Yeah - for Scheme-only packages (as opposed to Scheme + compiled C
code module), check out any or all of the following:

- Thien Thi Nguyen's personal Scheme library, at
  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-scheme/

- Martin Grabmueller's personal Scheme library, at
  http://www.pintus.de/mgrabmue/guile/guile.html#mgrabmue-pers-scheme

- my guile-gui package, at
  http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/guile/guile-gui-0.1.tar.gz

More generally, are you aware of the Guile Projects List at
www.glug.org?  This has lots of current Guile projects (funnily
enough) and would also be the best place (in addition to this mailing
list) for you to advertise your packages.

Regards,
        Neil