Re: uniform-array

From: Masao Uebayashi
Subject: Re: uniform-array
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:33:50 +0900

> I tried to convert uniform-array of bytes into list. I now can see
> that it's possible to convert uniform-array of char can be
> array-list'ed.

My understanding was insufficient, but my report happened to be
correct. :-)

Due to The Guile Reference Manual, 11 types of Uniform Array is
available:

     prototype      type                                    printing character
     #t             boolean (bit-vector)                    b
     #\a            char (string)                           a
     #\nul          byte (integer)                          y
     's             short (integer)                         h
     1              unsigned long (integer)                 u
     -1             signed long (integer)                   e
     'l             signed long long (integer)              l
     1.0            float (single precision)                s
     1/3            double (double precision float)         i
     0+i            complex (double precision)              c
     ()             conventional vector

Among these, only the array of 'byte' can not be converted by
'array->list'.

Try,

  (array->list (make-uniform-array #\nul 1))

Thanks,
Masao

---