Re: YAGLU - Yet another Guile Logo Update

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: YAGLU - Yet another Guile Logo Update
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:44:27 -0400

> From: Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden>
>
> this is the last time for this week -- promised.

But!  I'll have nothing to do all day but program!

> * A bearded version of the GNU (thanks to Eric Moore for the suggestion)

No.  It looks like he is sticking out his tongue,
especially the smaller versions.  It might work
better if his head were tilted up more so you
could see where the beard attached below the
mouth.  I was expecting a black triangular
gottee---that's how Ming the Merciless looks.
(I think.  Actually I know more about the
real Ming dynasty than about old Sci-fi, but
you don't want him to look like Ming Tai-zu,
who is famous for being ugly.)

But the original (guile @) with no beard seems
good to me.   Maybe with just a little bit more
space so it's not all one word (guile@).

I have to re-read R5RS to see if a GNU head
is valid in an identifier.

He's a lot cuter than the Emacs Gnu.  Good work.
A logo should not be too "busy".

     -- Keith