Re: YAGLU #2

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: YAGLU #2
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:04:57 +0200

> From: thi <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:42:29 -0700
>
> i'm not sure about read access, but www.gnu.org update privs usually
> implies you've read through the webmaster guidelines, etc.  for those w/
> write privs, please see README.MAINTAINERS, which i've just now updated.

I just had a look at README.MAINTAINERS, and there I found:

        On some pages (hopefully all), there is HTML like so:

        Updated:
        <!-- hhmts start -->
        18 Jul 2000 ttn
        <!-- hhmts end -->

        See http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.html for info
        on elisp that munges this text on `write-file'.

On the other hand,
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.html#SEC31 states:

   If you are working in a file that is stored by CVS, and such a
   timestamp entry isn't in the file, please add it. If a file under
   CVS that you are working in still uses the

   hhmts

   method for updates described below, please switch it to the

   timestamp

   method.

So I suppose README.MAINTAINERS and the Date Tracking mechanism should
be changed.

Regards,
  'martin