Re: More info on my question

From: tomas
Subject: Re: More info on my question
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:42:33 +0200

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 07:15:35PM -0600, Robert A. Uhl wrote:
> I'm sorry--I should have stated that I am using code in the form of:
>
> SCM owner_obj = SCM_CAR(owners_list);
>
> The resulting owner_obj is the symbol whose value I cannot
> dereference.  owners_list was passed to my function by guile; it
> should be the '(planet) term in (trav-mapobject-set-owner star
> '(planet))

Hmmm. It looks as if you are passing the symbols. Thus you get
the symbols. Try not quoting the list, i.e. say for example

  (trav-mapobject-set-owner (list planet asteroid))

instead of

  (trav-mapobject-set-owner '(planet asteroid))

Note that in Lisp and its daughters there is more distance between
a symbol and its binding(s) than we mght be accustomed to :-)

Regards
-- tomas