Re: continuation?

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: continuation?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:28:32 +0100

> From: Seong-Kook Shin <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:51:06 +0900 (KST)
>
> First of all, I have to say thank you very much those whom
> have answered my trivial questions so far.
>
> I cannot understand what the meaning of `continuation', and
> how to do with `call-with-current-continuation'.

If you are used to C, you may want to think about call/cc as setjmp
and about the application of (the call to) a continuation as a
longjmp.  It's just that continutations in Scheme are generalized so
that you can store them away and jump to them even after the procedure
in which they were obtained have returned.

'martin