Re: records

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: records
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:37:11 +1000

Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> writes:

> (let ((foo-rtd (make-record-type "foo" 'bar 'baz)))
>   (define foo? (record-predicate foo-rtd))
>   ...)
>
> but this of course doesn't work because the define is local.

I made myself a `define-toplevel' for making nested defines available
from the top level.  I did it with a big ugly `let-toplevel' macro
which rewrites in the fashion of "Shared Variable" in the guile
manual.  I'd been meaning to try something which munged the current
module bindings instead.  (I also like `define-public' from nested
spots.)