Re: guile projects list entry for BOKIN

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: guile projects list entry for BOKIN
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:02:06 +0900

> > Would you please add my BOKIN project to the guile project list?
>
> Beaut, done.

Thank you!

> >        BOKIN is free software, and a commercial software based on the
> >        BOKIN model.
>
> What does the second part of this mean?

This means that I developped this software for a business purpose,
that is, to aim at earning. BOKIN model is a business model of obtaining
proceeds by widely collecting donations while distributing free software.
Now I'm writing 'The BOKIN Model Definition' to clarify it.

The name BOKIN has two meanings:
bookkeeping (BOokKeepINg) in English
collecting donations (BO=collect, KIN=money) in Japanese.

> Is there also a non-free version of bokin?

No, there isn't.
I won't release non-free version of it.

> Or do you mean simply that commercial use of bokin is permitted?

No, I don't.
Since BOKIN is free software, everybody can use it for any purpose.

> > requires
> >        GNU Make 3.80 or later
>
> Is that for normal operation, or only to install?  I don't think we
> bother mentioning "make" if it's only needed for installing.

GNU Make is used not only for the installation but also for the accounting
calculations. GNU Make is useful for batch based systems like BOKIN.

I'm sorry for my late reply.
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3