Re: string parsing/preparation for latex

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: string parsing/preparation for latex
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:42:29 -0600

Hi David,
If this LaTeX + guile stuff goes well, might you consider releasing it
separately from guile-gnome?  I think it could be very useful in its
own right.
Is it intended to parse LaTeX, or to create LaTeX?  If create, from
what?  If parse, for what purpose?

Sorry for all the questions.  I've been mentally toying with the idea
of writing a set of macros that take guile mathematical expressions as
input and then output a string which can be cut and pasted into a
LaTeX document in math mode.  So, seeing your post piqued my interest.

ie:

(scheme->LaTeX (+ 7 (/ 18 5)))
=>
"7 + \frac{18}{5}"