Re: Guile/Tk?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile/Tk?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:16:10 +0100

On Sun 15 Nov 2009 17:19, Josef Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to try some GUI stuff with guile. Since I have some experience
> with Tk (with perl and ruby), I tried Tk following
> http://www.galassi.org/mark/mydocs/guile-programmer_2.html:
>
>  (require 'Gwish)

>From http://www.galassi.org/mark/mydocs/guile-programmer_toc.html:

  Guile Programmer's Manual
  For use with Cygnus Guile 1.0
  Last updated 6 July 1996

We do have some tk bindings bitrotten somewhere, but they would need
some love to work with Guile 1.8 (or 1.4 for that matter).

>  (use-library tcl)
>  (use-interface tcl)
>  (use-interface tclhack)

This was back in the days when you couldn't have tk without tcl... ouch
:)

Try guile-gnome if you're on 1.8. You should be able to install from
packages in e.g. Debian.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/