Re: mod_lisp support for guile-www

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: mod_lisp support for guile-www
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:45:50 +0100

Hello!

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> On the subject of expansions and contractions (as they relate to Guile-WWW),
>> i've been thinking of moving the repo to savannah and looking for a co- (or
>> perhaps replacement) maintainer, to ensure its longevity and encourage mixing
>> w/ other code.  I foresee my interest in it fading, and it deserves better.
>>
>> Since we are in related communication, i crassly exploit the opportunity to
>> ask directly: Would you like to take over Guile-WWW maintenance?
>
> I think my personal preference would be not to maintain it as an
> individual package, but to roll it into the Guile distribution.  Would
> you be happy with that?

I was thinking about that too, and I think it’d be great!

> I note that Guile-WWW's license is GPLv3+, whereas the Guile
> distribution as a whole is LGPLv3+.  I'm not sure if that's a problem or
> not;

It’s not a problem.  It’s fine to have parts of the standard library
under the LGPLv3+ and other parts under GPLv3+ (e.g., Readline support
is under GPLv3+), as long as libguile and supporting code remain
LGPLv3+.

> I think I remember hearing that there are already other pieces of code
> that came from guile-library and that have different licenses.

SSAX is initially in the public domain.

Running ‘make sc_GPL_version’ shows that a few tests from guile-lib are
under GPLv2+ instead of (L)GPLv3+ and are not copyright FSF.  It should
be easy to fix, though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.