Reminder: GNU Hackers Meeting registration reminder and updates

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Reminder: GNU Hackers Meeting registration reminder and updates
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:02:31 +0100

Hey all,

If anyone's in the Boston area, the GHM is looking like it will be quite
a good time! Read on for more info.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [gnu-prog-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting registration reminder and updates Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:04:24 -0700 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.90 (gnu/linux)
# GNU Hackers Meeting and LibrePlanet, Cambridge, MA, March 18th-21st

The first US GHM promises to be a great event. The origins of GNU are
well-represented by people like RMS, John Gilmore, and Rob Savoye -- but
so is the future, with newer contributors like Steven DuBois of GNU
Generation. It should be an excellent conversation!

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010/GNUHackersMeeting

It's not too late to register -- just add your name to the list, and
drop me an email if you have any questions.

## Dinner Thursday night

For everyone who has arrived in town, we'll go to dinner Thursday night
(http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010/Initial_introduction_for_GNU_maintainers).

## Friday Talks / Discussions

Several attendees will be giving short lightning talks about the GNU
projects they are involved in.

We'll also have longer presentations from David Sugar on Replacing
Skype, Michael Flickinger on Savannah, Matt Lee on GNU FM, and more.

We'll discuss the problem of Software as a Service and what GNU can do
about it, with a focus on the work of the new GNU network services team.

## Registrations so far:

   1. Richard Stallman -- Founder of GNU, FSF president
   2. John Sullivan -- FSF, GNU Advisory Committee, GNU Webmaster
   3. Matt Lee -- FSF, GNU FM, GNU Webmaster
   4. Felipe Sanches (São Paulo, Brazil) -- GNU maintainer/developer for
LibreDWG and Inkscape developer
   5. Chong Yidong -- GNU Emacs maintainer
   6. Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva (São Paulo, Brazil) -- GNU LibreDWG maintainer
   7. John Gilmore -- GNU
   8. Brian Gough -- GNU maintainer (GNU Scientific Library), GNU Advisory
Committee
   9. Karl Fogel -- GNU Emacs developer
  10. Michael J. Flickinger -- Savannah
  11. John W. Eaton (GNU Octave maintainer)
  12. Giuseppe Scrivano -- GNU
  13. David Sugar -- GNU Telephony
  14. Eric Blossom -- GNU Radio
  15. Aubrey Jaffer -- JACAL, SLIB, WB, SCM maintainer/developer
  16. Anand Babu Periasamy (GNU Maintainer, FSF-India Board Member)
  17. Clint Adams -- GNU FM
  18. Robert Collins - Bazaar
  19. Rob Savoye - Gnash Maintainer
  20. Steven DuBois - GNU Generation

## Keysigning

Please bring some printouts with your key fingerprint to share, and a
photo ID. One of the main purposes of the GHMs is to strengthen the web
of trust within the GNU Project via face-to-face signings.

## Recording

We'll be doing our best to record the talks in audio and video.

If you're coming to the meeting and have a video camera, please let me
know.

## Updates

Stay tuned to http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010/GNUHackersMeeting.

Thanks,
--
Join us in Cambridge for LibrePlanet, March 19th-21st!
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010

John Sullivan
Free Software Foundation
Manager of Operations